Board of Directors
Niagara Children’s Centre is governed by an 11-member volunteer board of directors, operating under a policy governance model. Board meetings occur monthly, September to June. Our Annual General Meeting is held in June of every year. For further information about the meeting dates or to enquire about attending a meeting, please call Oksana Fisher, Chief Executive Officer at 905 688-1890 ext. 102.
2016/17 Board of Directors
Click on a Board Member for more details.
Annually, the Nominations Committee of the Board is responsible for reviewing the terms and composition of the Board, and recruiting when vacancies arise. Directors serve 3-year terms, renewable for up to 2 additional terms.
- should be committed to the Vision, Mission and Values;
- should be committed to both the local and regional roles of Niagara Children's Centre;
- should be capable of giving leadership to the work of the Centre;
- should be an ambassador, committed to actively promoting Niagara Children’s Centre;
- should be committed to supporting fundraising initiatives of the Centre;
- should have respect for the views of others.
To be eligible, persons wishing to apply shall:
- have their principal residence or work in the Niagara Region;
- be 18 years of age or more;
- not be an employee of the Centre;
- not be a family member of any employee of the Centre;
- undertake, as a condition of membership, to act only in the best interests of Niagara Children's Centre and not on behalf of any single issue cause.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Oksana Fisher, Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com.