Who We Are
Physiotherapists (PTs) are health care professionals focused on enabling individuals to preserve, develop, and/or restore movement, function, and health.
Physiotherapists at Niagara Children’s Centre offer skills and knowledge to assess a child’s physical abilities and needs, determine movement diagnoses in children, and assess a child’s cardio-respiratory function. They develop interventions to optimize and/or maintain and/or prevent loss of physical and/or cardio-respiratory function.
Physiotherapy is a regulated health care profession in Ontario.
PTs at Niagara Children’s Centre provide single discipline and team-based services in the following areas:
- Infant and preschool aged children
- School aged children, including Niagara Children’s Centre School
- Seating and mobility
- Splinting and Casting Clinic
- Orthopedic Clinic
Wiggles and Giggles
- Parent facilitated group for infants and toddlers to assist in development of fine and gross motor skills
- 8 sessions
- Sessions facilitated by Physiotherapists
- Sessions will be offered based on identified demand
Jump and Jive (Junior and Senior)
- Parent facilitated movement group for children who are ambulatory or have ambulation potential but delayed skills
- 10 sessions
- Sessions facilitated by a PTA
- Sessions are offered September to December; January to March; April to June
Contact and Referrals
Parents or community agencies with an infant or preschooler who have concerns can call for an PT screening. Please call (905) 688-1890 ext 110.
Referrals from physicians, hospitals or tertiary care centres can be faxed to health records at (905) 688-9181.
Seating clinic appointments contact intake at 905-688-1890 ext.110