The Admissions Process
Children are accepted to the Children’s Centre School Authority through a referral process. Referral packages are reviewed by the Admissions Committee whose members include the School Principal, the Liaison Teacher and the Manager of Rehabilitation Services.
Decisions for admission are based on variety of factors including entry criteria, availability of spots, and student groupings.
Who Can Refer a Child?
Referrals are accespted from the Niagara Children's Centre and coterminous school boards.
- Referral packages are ready for distribution in January and are accepted between February 1st and March Break.
- All parent(s)/guardians of all children being referred must complete a tour of the school before March Break.
- For tours contact Jennifer Gibbs, at 905-688-3550, ext. 232.
- All referrals are reviewed by the Admissions Committee and decisions are completed by mid-April.
- Mid to late April letters of acceptance/decline are sent to each family
- District School Boards are notified as to the status of each referral
- Parent(s)/Guardians of students accepted into the Children’s Centre School Authority must contact the school office to accept or decline their child’s placement by mid-May.