The Niagara Children’s Centre School Council functions as an advisory body to the principal. The School Council at the Children’s Centre also functions as the Special Education Advisory Committee. The School Council provides advice to the principal on a variety of topics, which may include, but is not limited to:
- The development of the school year calendar;
- Reviews of programs and services offered at the Children’s Centre School;
- Parent Advocacy and Engagement;
- Parent Education Sessions;
- School Budget; and,
- Ministry of Education initiatives.
The School Council is made up of parent representatives and school representatives. Our 2016-2017 members are: Matthew Dietsch, Jennifer Gibbs, Alysha Hardie, Kevin Hoogendam, Angelica Kowalchuk, Lauren Serravalle, Amy Whittard and Staci Whittle.
The next meeting is: February 28th at 6pm. We hope to see as many parents as we can at this meeting but if you cannot attend and wish to have the minutes sent to you, please email email@example.com.